Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

الخميس، 11 أغسطس 2011

Gold's Gym personal trainer helps Craig shed 110kg

Craig Wilson with personal trainer Jonathon Bates. PICTURE: PHIL ROGERS
SHEDDING 110kg in less than a year means Craig Wilson can fit back into his high school rugby jersey.
“I’m sore from training but I feel great,” Mr Wilson said.
Despite not setting specific weight loss targets, Mr Wilson, 35, considered himself “severely obese”, weighing 240kg when he started training in September, 2010.
“I didn’t have a set goal or time frame but I knew this was the right thing to do,” he said.
“I set myself the goal at around 31 to lose the weight by 35 and I’ve nearly done it.”
With no excuses, the Parramatta resident, who lives two blocks from Gold’s Gym where he trains, relied on a mix of elements for weight loss - a personal trainer, support network, diet changes, hard work and discipline.
“You name it, I’ve done it. I’d tried everything except a personal trainer,” he said.
Since losing the weight, Mr Wilson has noticed many changes.
“People I don’t know come up to me on the street and congratulate me. It has changed everything - my whole persona,” he said.
“Everyone thinks big guys are funny and happy and yes I was, but now I really am that person.”
In his fight to lose weight, Mr Wilson gained a lifelong friend.
Seeing his personal trainer Jonathon Bates daily meant the pair formed a tight bond.
“We talk like mates - he’s another brother and we’re family for life,” Mr Wilson said.
Mr Bates agrees.
“He’s a good bloke - I spend more time with him than my mum and dad, he’s like family,” said Mr Bates.
For Mr Bates, Mr Wilson was his first severely obese client.
“I researched so we could get the best results and we saw a nutritionist to set up a diet,” Mr Bates said.
Attributing Mr Wilson’s weight loss to hard work, he said results like Mr Wilson’s reminded him why he was a personal trainer.
“This is why I’m in the business - he could have given up two days, two months or two weeks in,” Mr Bates said.
“It was all him, he gives it tenfold outside of the gym and that’s where the temptation is.”
Mr Wilson aims to lose another 15kg and hopes his success will inspire others to lose weight.


0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Blogger Templates | تعريب وتطوير : قوالب بلوجر معربة